"Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war...."
-- Julius Caesar

"Life...is a tale...full of sound and fury...."
-- Macbeth

"No woman can be too rich or too thin."
-- Wallis Simpson

"Let them eat cake."
-- Somebody, but not Marie Antoinette

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Little Dog Has Disappeared; It Is Not For Me to Question Why

Little Dog has been missing for several days. All I know is that Guy Who Feeds me put me outside, then Little Dog went away with the Lady Who Dotes on me. The Lady Who Dotes came back. So far, no Little Dog.

This situation has not been bad. Without Little Dog there is peace and quiet. I don't always have to be on alert. Little Dog often malfunctions -- she barks at things and people and dogs who are not much of a threat. She is too sensitive and needs to be reset. Since I am the protector, because I am Big Dog, then every time Little Dog's alarm goes off I have to jump to attention. I'll tell you, jumping to attention isn't like it used to be. The hips are just a little sore these days.

Without Little Dog nobody barks at me while I'm trying to eat. That means I can eat leisurely. It also means that there is no one to keep the chewies away from me. Little Dog needs to give up her chewies more often. I don't like this sharing thing. I don't like when Guy Who Feeds and Lady Who Dotes tell me that "you've already had yours" and "that's not yours." When there's no Little Dog, it's all mine!

When Little Dog is here I don't like getting up on the bed. She likes to be there. It isn't fun when i have to share the bed with her. But now that she's gone, I'm on the bed all the time.

It's good to be the only dog.

No comments: