"Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war...."
-- Julius Caesar

"Life...is a tale...full of sound and fury...."
-- Macbeth

"No woman can be too rich or too thin."
-- Wallis Simpson

"Let them eat cake."
-- Somebody, but not Marie Antoinette

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Home Again

I am home after spending almost an entire week with my grandparents. While I was at my grandparents' I was spoiled. They bought me lots of new toys, all of which I loved to play with. My mommy even detected Greenies on my breath. The only thing I didn't like was going to the groomer. True, I did get a pretty bow and get to play with the nice people there, but at the groomer I have to get a bath. I, Poppy, do not like baths.

When my mommy came to pick me up today, I showed her all of my new toys. Then I got to go for a ride in the car.

When we got home, the little girl from down the block was waiting for me. I greeted her. She gave me a pet. She laughed. She said she liked my tail.

I was happy to see the boys when I got home. All of us went to the school yard to play as a celebration of my homecoming. Duncan chased his ball until he got stiff and Daddy had to take it away from him. I ran after Duncan. I love to run through the grass.

Later, after we had our snack and Mommy and Daddy had their dinner, Mommy gave us the drippings from the pan. We ate with relish.

No comments: