"Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war...."
-- Julius Caesar

"Life...is a tale...full of sound and fury...."
-- Macbeth

"No woman can be too rich or too thin."
-- Wallis Simpson

"Let them eat cake."
-- Somebody, but not Marie Antoinette

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Transformations

Mommy has been painting the mud room. She has painted it so that it will be pretty and clean. She now calls it the "garden room" because she wants the transformation to be complete down to its name.

I have new markings because of this painting. Because I, Poppy, am a curious pug, I went out to the garden room while Mommy was painting. I sniffed around, and when I was done, I had paint on my ears. These highlights are pretty. Since I am now six years old, I can choose to color my hair if I want.

Often when Mommy paints or cleans she wears a mask. I am a literal pug, so masks confuse me. Is Mommy the same person when she wears the mask?

No comments: